Table of Contents
This Banana Bread Recipe is so easy to make and super soft and moist! The very best way to use up overripe bananas this bread is tender and packed full of flavour!
What Is The Best Banana Bread Recipe?
To make the very best banana bread that comes out super moist, it is important to start out with those ugly, overripe bananas! In the picture below you can see the bananas that I used for this recipe post. These bananas are just ripe enough to work with. They need to be a dark yellow with lots of browning. You can use bananas that are even darker than this! The riper the bananas, the more moist your bread will be and the more banana flavor it will have!
How Do You Keep Banana Bread Moist?
The best way to keep banana bread moist for days is to wrap it tightly! Once your bread is baked and cooled, I recommend wrapping tightly in plastic wrap. Then, take a second step and store it in a large zip top freezer bag or a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Stored this way on the counter, your bread will last up to 3 days. If you’d like, you can store it wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
Can you Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes! If you’d like to freeze this then allow it to cool completely at room temperature on a plate or wire rack once it comes out of the oven. Once cool, wrap the bread in plastic wrap, then wrap in foil. Freeze the bread for up to 2 months for best results. To thaw the bread, remove from the freezer and allow it to come to room temperature, covered on the counter. This will take about 24 hours.
How to Make Banana Bread:
This recipe makes one loaf of banana bread. The first step is to preheat your oven and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Next, take a large bowl as seen below and whisk together your dry ingredients. This will include the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl melt your butter in the microwave, then add in the bananas and mash until mostly smooth.
- Add your eggs and vanilla to your mashed banana mixer and use your fork to combine everything really well, until you no longer see any streaks of eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Now, you are ready to pour your batter into your prepared pan and bake!
NOTE: You can also mash your bananas with the melted butter in your stand mixer if preferred.
- 1 Stick (½ Cup) Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted.
Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork.
Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined.
Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- I don’t recommend using almond extract, because the flavors just don’t seem to pair well and the almond overtakes the banana. You can add banana extract if you’d like, but, keep in mind it will have more of an artificial banana flavor.
- To keep your bread moist, allow it to cool completely then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap and then store in a freezer size zip-top bag, or a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid. It will last on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. Alternately, you can wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
- For this recipe you will use a standard size about 9×5 inch loaf pan for one loaf of bread. Alternately, you can use a standard sized muffin tin and bake for around 25-30 minutes.
- You can add 1 Cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter before baking if desired.
Serving: 1 Slice | Sodium: 270mg | Calcium: 10mg | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Vitamin A: 300IU | Sugar: 21g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 157mg | Cholesterol: 55mg | Calories: 168kcal | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 40g | Iron: 1.3mg